So Pokemon Go died out in 2016 as the developers Niantic decided to not release the 2nd Generation of Pokemon or Legendary battles as quick as player would’ve wanted.
But it seems like Niantic finally wants to release some 2nd Generation pokemons out into the wild!
On their website, they post
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.57.2 for Android and 1.27.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Over 80 additional Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokémon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poké Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokémon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
Including that, also a trailer for then Gen 2 pokemons!
Why Niantic took this long to release Gen 2 pokemons is really up in the air, most likely it’s got to do with just coding 80 different pokemons and getting it all right……I think but in the end of the day, it’s finally here
I think it might be the recovery that Niantic and Nintendo needed for the Pokemon Go app
Will you be playing Pokemon Go again? Let us know in the comments below!